Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday's Featured Fast Food Favorite #10: Sonic's Chicken Club Toaster Sandwich

This week's Fav comes to us courtesy of Sonic Drive-In, a place that I only eat at rarely because I never seem to live anywhere near one. And while I do usually love their television commercials, they do not seem to be funny enough to make me drive 10 minutes out of my way to find one. That said, there is a sandwich there that I really do like: The Chicken Club Toaster Sandwich.

Sonic chicken toaster

The sandwich comes on two thick pieces of Texas Toast and has chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and a nice honey mustard sauce. I think the toast really makes the sandwich. And the honey mustard sauce is a nice touch.

Another thing I like about Sonic is how they are putting credit card readers out on the drive-thru ordering station. I mean, we no longer are signing receipts at fast food places, so why not just speed that part of the process up.

I also like that Sonic seems to have a pretty wide variety of specialty drinks, shakes, and side dishes. You aren't stuck with just a drink and fries to go with it. Onion rings, chili cheese tots, cream pie shakes, etc. Sonic's got'em. Others don't.

No comments: