Wednesday, April 05, 2006

2006 College Slam Dunk Contest Highlights

I've been seeing a lot of blog posts with embedded video lately, and just happened on one that I wanted to share with all of my basketball fans out there. Its highlights from this year's NCAA slam dunk contest. Needless to say, this has been the slam dunk contest to watch over the last few years in my opinion. The pros can barely get 4 guys to come out and compete and then they spend hours trying to get elaborate dunks to work, often missing on numerous attempts before finally being successful. It seems like the college guys get more and more athletic each year and their dunks seem to be a bit simpler with more of an emphasis on athleticisim. Anyway, without further ado, I give you the highlights:



I don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to watch it, but there are some spectacular dunks, including some foulline area takeoffs that are much more elaborate than Dr. J and Air Jordan ever managed to pull off. These guys can literally jump out of the gym. (By literally, I mean figuratively).

2 comments:

redlaw said...

That was flippin' awesome!!! This is why college basketball is better than anything the NBA will ever produce.

Kyle Denny said...

I was there and I remember it vividly, I'll never forget how ballin it was. I also shook Dee browns hand and got James white and David Noel's autograph. No joke