Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday's Featured Fast Food Favorite #8: Schlotzsky's Turkey Bacon Club

I'm going to have to hurry to get this one in under the midnight Friday wire, but I can't be held totally at fault. In case you weren't aware, Blogger had a bit of a brain cramp and my blog has been inaccessible over large portions of the last two days. Thankfully it seems to be back up and running. *Crosses fingers*

This week's fast food favorite comes to us courtesy of Schlotzsky's Deli, another fast food joint that I can't seem to find outside of the mall food court these days, which is kind of weird considering the relatively considerable wait time for your sandwich to be ready. There used to be one down the road from where I live, but its gone now. Too bad. Also for a word, it really has a high consonant to vowel ratio. (9:2) Those Poles (is Schlotzsky's a Polish name?) really know how to get the most out of their vowels.

I am totally in love with Schlotzsky's Turkey Bacon Club sandwich (and most of their other sandwiches for that matter). I couldn't find a picture of the club itself, but here's a picture of their Original:

Schlotzskys

I think what really makes the sandwich for me is a) the quality of their baked fresh daily bread, and b) the toasting process that makes the bread so nice and crispy and melts the cheese and get the turkey warmed up....mmmm. Its really a shame that there isn't one of these near my house anymore. At approximately $7 for a combo meal they could be really taking my money off my hands for me. Just thinking about it makes me want to drive downtown and get one tomorrow.

3 comments:

Hero Supreme said...

ahh, bacon makes its triumphant return!

George said...

I'm impressed that you know so many fast food items. I'm also impressed that you have not yet repeated fast food restaurants. If I were running a similar weekly column in my blog I would start with the Taco Bell 7 layer burrito and I would end with McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese. In the middle would be Arby's Roast Beef with Cheddar (and only because they discontinued the Arby melt). That would be the entire list.

j said...

I don't know if thats a good thing or a sad commentary on how much I eat out. But clearly we do not have the same taste in fast food. In all my time at McDonalds I don't think that I ever even at a quarter pounder. I was going to say that I'd never even eaten a beef patty, but I did like the Arch Deluxe while it was around.