Monday, August 01, 2011

Y5K #15

Have I really been at this for 15 weeks? That's a lot of weeks.

  • Tuesday: Despite my sinuses bugging me pretty bad the last hour or so of work, I came home, took a double power nap (40 minutes), and got dressed and went out. Even though it was a little rainy. And a lot thundery.  I only got rained for about 2 minutes, but the thought of getting struck by lightning did cross my mind more than once.  In any case, my sinuses didn't bother me and felt a bit better after the run.  I tried a variation on last week's new route that saved me from jogging in place at traffic lights, but had me going up a pretty decent incline most of the first half. Ended up doing just short of 2.9 miles in 31.5 minutes. Oh, and I did (yet) another 5/1 jog/walk split. Someday I'll move up to something more. I mean today I did 5.5 minutes on my last set, but that still doesn't feel like much of a change.  In any case, glad I made it out to run, and I'm always surprised at how going for a jog on days when I don't feel like it always leaves me feeling much better afterward. Like it never makes me feel worse afterward. Never.
  • Thursday: Today my body turned to me and said "Really?! Running twice in the same week? Do we DO that?"  And yes, we did.  And it wasn't exactly awesome, but it's done.  Stuck to 5/1 split again and did 3.1 miles in about 35 minutes. So yeah, a little slower than Tuesday, but I guess that's to be expected since this was the first time I've ran twice in the same week in about a month. We'll take it.
I went up to Lava Hot Springs Friday night and camped and then floated the River of Death Saturday  morning, so that was it for my running for last week. But 2 days is better than 1, right? Looking at this week it seems like there's a good chance I'll be able to get 3 days of running in, so I hope my body is ready for that. :) Maybe I'll even think about running for longer than 5 minutes at a time. If I'm ever going to run an entire 5K (that's like 30 minutes of non-stop running), I guess I better keep pushing on.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Way to keep at it! I feel the same way about boot camp. I always feel better for going.