Monday, May 23, 2011

Y5K #6

After feeling reasonably well for a few days, I finally packed up my gym bag on Wednesday to get back on the treadmill at work (seeing as how it was a constant downpour for most of the week).  Unfortunately when I got into the locker room to change I discovered I'd forgotten to pack shorts. :(

So Thursday, I packed more carefully and after work I hit the treadmill and decided to go with a 3/1 walk/jog split since that was kind of the last "easy" stage in my training schedule. :) And it went fine. I did 2.5 miles in 35 minutes.

Saturday, it was a joy to be back outside with a nice sunny day to get my training in. I stepped up to the 3/2 walk/jog split and was surprised that it didn't kill me too badly to do it.  I went just over 3 miles in 40 minutes. My feet were a little sore afterward, but it was exciting to be so close to 5 kilometers in my training session. As I start jogging more I guess I'll be going over 5K in a training session. Don't know if I realized that beforehand.  Anyway, with taking a week and a half off and going back a few days in my training I don't expect to be ready to run an entire 5K come June 11th, so I might have to just take that as a training day.  Oh, and also next week I'll be going to Orlando for work and then to eastern Washington for a wedding, so I'm nervous about finding time to jog in the midst of all that. Do I take my running shoes with me to Orlando and find a treadmill in the hotel? Am I really one of those people now? :) Anyway, could be another so-so week...

It's Monday now, and despite a beautiful morning, there is supposed to be more rain on the way, so I packed my gym bag (hopefully completely) and brought it along to work so I can run here at the end of the day. Probably another 3/2 walk/jog split. And I'm considering packing my running stuff to take to Florida. We'll see. Depends on how much space there is in my suitcase.

No comments: