Monday, May 02, 2011

Y5K #3

Well my new running shoes definitely got a workout this past week.

  • I followed up Monday's 4 minutes walking/90 minutes jogging with another set of that on Wednesday (again on the treadmill at work, what with the weather being what it was).

  • Thursday, my training guidelines called for rest or cross-training, so I did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer at work.

  • Friday, I stepped up another small step to 3 minutes walking/1 minute jogging, and 6 sets rather than 4.  So the same amount of total running time, but with less rest in between. 

  • Saturday, after the snow started melting I headed out for a 40 minute walk (~2.7 miles).

  • Today, it was so nice and sunny out that I got Julie to come over and take the dogs for a walk over to Wheeler farm.  

So overall, a pretty good week for staying active, even with cold and crummy weather. I've got one more set of 3 minutes walking/1 minute jogging to do today, possibly outside if the weather holds, and then the next step up this week is to 3 walking/2 jogging.  I'm still having some minor foot pain, but mostly just in the aftermath of jogging. It doesn't bother me too much while I'm jogging which is nice, and it tends to go away in a day or so.  Especially if I can get around to icing it afterward.

No comments: