Thursday, October 14, 2010

Old Book, New Book #24: The Hunger Games -> The Mythical Man-Month

Hunger Games

The Hunger Games was another quick read that I ALMOST finished before I left for Hawaii. But I was quite finished in time to not take it on the trip. I just had to make sure I packed another couple books in case I needed them. I ended up finishing the Hunger Games on board the first leg of our flight, while we were waiting for everyone to finish boarding.

I thought it was a pretty cool book with kind of a post-apocalyptic dystopian kind of setting with some sci-fi aspects. Definitely a little bit on the darker side. I can see why it's been such a popular series, though. At least based on the first book.

Haven't managed to track down a copy of the 2nd book, "Catching Fire" yet, though, so for now I've moved on to something completely different: "The Mythical Man-Month", a collection of essays on Software Engineering, and more specifically the managing of large software engineering projects. I nearly finished this book as well on the Hawaii trip and have about 20 pages left to go, but have been kind of busy since I got back. Anyway, I'll save my comments about the book for the post-reading post. For now, here's the cover:

MythicalManMonth

No comments: