Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday's Featured Fast Food Favorite #5: Orange Chicken at Panda Express

I'm finally getting this up at 7 on a Friday night. (Don't worry, I have plans at 8, I'm not home blogging away my sadness).

This week's Fast Food Fav comes to you courtesy of Panda Express. A restaurant that I frequent from time to time. Its not very close to home but on occasion I'll stop on the way home from school. Anyway, as you may or may not know, they have a fairly wide selection of entrees. The problem is that so far I've yet to find anything that compares with the Orange Chicken or even comes close.

panda express orange chicken

So its kind of a double edged sword. I LOVE the orange chicken, but am not really excited about anything else on the menu. So I can't really go there frequently and just eat the same meal over and over again. You would think they could come up with something else as good as that. In fact they've had some entrees I like pretty well that have disappeared off the menu (sweet and sour chicken, beef and potato).

But the orange chicken can stand alone as their signature item, and maybe someone will get suckered into ordering the Beef and Mushrooms (which is really the Mushrooms and Vegetables and a tiny bit of Beef).

5 comments:

Hero Supreme said...

Have you tried the Mushrooms and Chicken? Thats my current Orange Chicken sidekick. Also, I recommend the chow mein instead of rice.

Regirlfriend said...

I think Panda Express is aware that everyone (me included!) shares your feelings about the orange chicken, because they always have the orange chicken in a metal bin twice the size of the others. They must really move through that stuff!

Claire said...

Now I'm going to have to go get some orange chicken for dinner. Yum, I absolutely love that stuff. Oh and I think the sweet and sour pork is a good (though lesser quality) to the orange chicken, though my mom would want me to get a veggie entree instead.

Claire said...

I felt like I had to come back and post again, even late on a Saturday night. So I did end up going to Panda for dinner and eating loads of orange chicken. Thanks a lot.

Adrianna said...

I've been reading your blog. I just have to say

1. well written. indeed.

2. I laughed right out loud at the gaucho/pirate pants scrolldown. I'm still wiping the tears. Huzzah!!