Saturday, February 18, 2006

Friday's Featured Fast Food Favorite #4: Taco Bell's Zesty Chicken Border Bowl

I realize its Saturday afternoon as I post this, but please forgive me. I returned home around 5 yesterday and had so much catching up to do that I really felt more like being a content consumer than a content producer. I have posted some photos to Flickr (many more still to come), so feel free to peruse those.

Without further ado, I give you this week's Fast Food Favorite: The Zesty Chicken Border Bowl from Taco Bell.

zestychickbowl

I know this picture is small, but the bowl itself is quite filling. Its got a base layer of refried beans and rice, topped with lettuce, tomato, cheese, crunchy tortilla strips, sliced grilled chicken, and a zesty ranch/salsa dressing that really seals the deal for me.

This is a menu item that you can count on to fill you up. I used to think I needed some kind of side to go with it if I was hungry, but I would always find out that I was pretty stuffed after just the chicken bowl. But then you feel obligated to power through the rest, since you did just buy it after all, and heaven knows it ain't keepin in the fridge.

As a corollary to this item, I'd like to mention the 2 vital rules for Taco Bell dining.

#1: Never eat the ground beef.
#1a: Especially never eat the ground beef after midnight.

Trust me on those.

4 comments:

Adam said...

2nded

I just wanted to throw in my voice and praise the Zesty Border Bowls. They all rule. And yes, they do fill you up.

Aaron Kamauu said...

Hey, I just want to plug a Fast-Food item I recently had: The X-treme Burger at the Training Table. It was excellent!

j said...

You and your X-treme foods? Is it made with Mountain Dew?

To be honest, I'm not sure that I would count Training Table as a "Fast Food" restaurant. I mean you're sitting at a table and ordering off a menu. Just because you go up and pick your food up yourself, doesn't necessarily make it fast food, at least not in my book.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the border bowls are good, when the greasy-faced teenagers working the joint don't screw it up... Maybe its just my town, but the kids who work at my local Taco Bell rip you off on just about everything. Of all the border bowls i've eaten in the last 5 years, they've never had the damned tortilla strips on them. Never. And multitudes of other times the only thing they put in the bowl at all were the beans, rice, lettuce, and chicken. Not to mention lately they never even fill the bowl all the way up. I'm just ranting here, but it really does tick me off.