Wednesday, January 18, 2012

30 Post Challenge #4

#4: Something that is part of your routine that you enjoy

In thinking about "my routine", it was kind of hard to narrow it down to things that really felt "routine", you know? Like I enjoy taking myself out for fast food before I go grocery shopping (never want to shop on an empty stomach, right?), but that only happens a couple times a month, so I don't know if that qualifies as routine. 

But after thinking for a couple days, I guess the most routine thing that I enjoy the most, is probably just my commute. I know, I know, if I could work at the OTHER hospital that's much closer to home, I'd save myself time, gas money, and who knows what else. But as long as I'm working downtown, I'm actually pretty happy with my 25 minute drive each way.  I read something once that said that people actually prefer to have a bit of a commute. Gives you some time to switch from "home" mode to "work" mode and back again, or something like that.

In any case, for me, it generally means quality time with my iPod. :)  Either catching up on my podcasts (an episode of PTI fits perfectly into one half of my commute) or listening to whatever new music I got from the library this week. (Salt Lake County has a service that lets you download 3 free songs every week).

And after coming home last night on the freeway (I swung through downtown before heading home), I was reminded of how much I enjoy driving on 7th East.  None of the stop and go of the freeway, and almost as fast overall if I'm not going through downtown with all the traffic lights.  Pretty steady flow of traffic, not nearly as stressful as taking the freeway, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Way to make the most of your commute.