Thursday, December 01, 2011

Hawaiian Thanksgiving, Day 1

Well my "Welcome Back from Hawaii" headcold is mostly on the outs (knock on wood!), and things at work are a little slow, so I figured it might be time to start writing up my trip. Yeah? I like how I ask it as though 1) someone out there was reading this besides my mom who was on the trip, and 2) like you have any choice about what I blog. :)

I tried to think of a clever title for these posts (Like what's the Thanksgiving version of "Mele Kalikimaka"?), but couldn't really come up with one. So you're stuck with "Hawaiian Thanksgiving". If I make it back for another Thanksgiving I might have to find something more fun.

Anyway, we left for Hawaii on a Thursday around noon.  I decided to drive myself there since I was leaving during the workday and coming home at 7 am on Black Friday when any sane person would probably be sleeping, and anyone else would be shopping. :)  Our flight was fairly uneventful. I do love the free movies on the flight to Hawaii.  If you're quick you can fit in 3 if you really want to. I watched "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" which I thought was really fun, and then "Green Lantern" which was only so-so.  Had time for another but couldn't really find anything too interested, so I ended up reading a bit and napping a bit.

We got to Hawaii in the afternoon (6 hour flight, 3 hour time change), picked up our rental car and made our way successfully to Kaneohe.  If I remember right, we just spent that night hanging out with George and Kimi and reacquainting ourselves with the kids.  Didn't even take any pictures.

No comments: