Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday's Featured Fast Food Favorite #11: KFC's Twister

I'll be honest. I had to think for a (brief) moment about what to feature today for the fast food favorite. But after a quick moment of pondering I remembered that I had failed to feature anything from another Utah original: KFC. I could be mistaken, but I think that Kentucky Fried Chicken has officially changed its name to KFC much like other organizations like the AAA, and I forget the rest, but its a change that's the exact opposite of IHC changing its official name to Intermountain Healthcare, although I guess IHC was never its official name anyway, but now its not its name at all.

Sorry for the confusion to anyone who is unfamiliar with our state's largest medical provider and my life's largest research location.

Back to the lecture at hand: The Twister.
twister

The Twister is essential a chicken strip burrito, for lack of a better term. And I think its an admirable idea. Chicken strips by themselves tend to be a bit dry, even with some sauce to dip them in. By wrapping 3 of them in a tortilla, you allow them to be surrounded by lettuce and tomato, in addition to some kind of sauce that's in there. Personally, I like to get some dipping sauce, usually BBQ or Honey Mustard, and empty the packet's content into the open end of the Twister. I've seen a chicken strip salad at other places, but this is the only place I'm aware of that sells a chicken strip wrap.

2 comments:

HoneyBee said...

this is funny... i just ate KFC and then went online, and stumble upon ur blog...and u're talking 'bout KFC! whoa.

paulo said...

It really tastes good!