Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week-o-Vacationing 2011 Day 4: 85 in a 75

Wednesday morning, we got up and got ready, took some photos to commemorate our matching shirts, and hit the road. We thought about getting breakfast buffet in Vegas, but figured we could make it to Mesquite before we'd really be hungry.

Matching Shirts
Just a little bit worn out

We got to Mesquite a mere 15 minutes before the Virgin River's breakfast buffet was ending, but that was enough time to get at least one plate of breakfast food before the buffet switched over to lunch. So then we ate lunch, too. :)  Kind of a strange meal.  And yet, I was full enough that I didn't eat again until dinner time.

The rest of the day would have been a pretty ho-hum, drive from Mesquite back to Salt Lake, if not for getting pulled over about 15 miles north of St. George for going 85 in a 75.  My whole life, I've always driven 85 in 75s, and never even been pulled over for it. I thought maybe he'd just give me a warning, but I guess if someone is serious enough to pull you over for going 10 over in the middle of nowhere, then I guess they did it because they wanted to give you a ticket.  Kind of frustrating. Like I feel like if there had been more cars on the highway, we'd have been going with the flow of traffic. But there wasn't even any traffic to flow with, much less to endanger.  Anyway... now my whole believe system on how fast I can drive without getting a ticket is completely undermined. Guess there's a first time for everything, huh?

Anyway, after that, we just drove home the rest of the way, stopping occasionally for bathroom breaks, but we made it home just in time to get a little bit of rush hour traffic heading north out of Provo, but nothing too bad.  As always it was nice to be home and sleep in my own bed for a night or two.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Fun to get the official run down on the California trip. Fun pictures.