Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sometimes I fail to plan ahead for the weekend

As sometimes happens, I forgot to make any plans for something fun and weekend-y to do this Saturday evening, so I ended up taking myself to the mall for some shopping. It was good to get out. :) Sometimes, maybe because I spend a lot of my life working mostly alone in a hospital basement, I forget that there are tons of people out there wearing skinny jeans over high top sneakers with big gauged out ears.

In any case, my #1 purpose in going to the mall was to purchase some new dress shoes. Goal: Accomplished! Somehow I let the salesman upsell me into the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever bought. Probably even more expensive than the basketball shoes I had in high school, though maybe not when you adjust for inflation. In any case, they better last me a while. They were more comfortable than the slightly cheaper pair I'd picked out for myself, and well... I just wanted to be done shopping, so I bought them.

Also, given today's heat wave (Tangent: somehow the Utah Red-White scrimmage always seems to be my first sunburn of the year. This morning I looked outside and thought there was no way I'd need sunscreen. Then I threw on my sweatshirt and headed out. 1 hour of glorious sunshine-soaked football later, I had developed a nice red sheen, especially on the south side of my head and neck. Someday I'll learn... And I guess I did also take one of the dogs out for a nearly 3 mile walk later in the day, so that might have contributed to my sun intake as well. Anyway. Tangent over.) Where was I? Oh yes. Given today's heat wave, I figured while at the mall I should stop by American Eagle in search of some new cargo shorts. For some reason I love theirs the best. And it's pretty much the only thing I would ever buy there. And usually I don't think to look until everything in my size is sold out. So I stopped in, found some shorts that were slightly discounted, was pleasantly surprised to find out there was a special Today Only 20% off everything sale (which only makes up for the extra I paid on shoes a tiny bit) and headed out with a new pair of cargos.

Finished the shopping off with a "just for fun" swing past TJ Maxx where I browsed through pretty much everything, before settling on a long-sleeve Utah thermal for $5 off the clearance rack.

Finished my night on the town with myself off with a stop at Sonic. Cuz when I take myself out for a night on the town, I'm classy like that. :)

2 comments:

Larissa said...

I giggle inside to know I man shops at the mall more than I do;-)

j said...

I don't know how often you shop at the mall, but I probably only make it there a couple times a year.