Friday, February 18, 2011

On the road again, can't wait to get on the road again...

After a significant break from traveling (my last vacation was my trip to Hawaii in October), I'm sitting at work today counting down the hours until I can't head home and then hit the road for a little road trip down to the St. George area.  And yes, it does look like it'll be somewhat rainy down there this weekend, but I'll take rainy over snowy. :)

In addition to this weekend, my spring is starting to line up with a good number of trips as well.  Back to Hawaii in March, Moab in April, Washington in May (and maybe a trip to Orlando as well for work if things work out right).  The first year I was employed full-time I feel like I did tons of traveling, and then last year I made it a goal to save up some emergency time off, and also knew we were planning on going to Hawaii at some point, but because I never knew when, I mostly just sat on my time off so that I'd have enough for Hawaii when the time came.  And I did still manage a couple short trips to St. George and trips up to Lava Hot Springs and Bear Lake, so I wouldn't say I didn't do any traveling last year. Just nothing too big and exciting (Hawaii excepted, of course).

I'm excited to do a little more traveling this year.  Should have at least enough time off for another week in the fall or something.  Another cruise would be fun. I always love DC, and wouldn't mind going back to Chicago for another round. Or any number of things. Maybe Hawaii again. Who knows? Just feel like this could be a good year to get back out on the road.  And it's nice to already have some trips to look forward to.

It's a good feeling.

No comments: