Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Old Book, New Book #20: A Wind in the Door -> A Swiftly Tilting Planet

a-wind-in-the-door

As expected, A Wind in the Door was a pretty quick read and I knocked it out in about a week. (I just haven't gotten around to blogging it until now.) To be honest, I don't entirely know if I liked it that much or not. It has some interesting ideas about space and size, but there are a lot of things that are left vague or unexplained. Like what the title of the book has to do with anything for example. I guess the take home message from the book was that even very small things are connected to very large things and can have a huge impact.

Finally, though, I've arrived at the real reason I started re-reading these books again in the first place: A Swiftly Tilting Planet, which I also remembered very little about, other than that it had some time traveling and the protagonist stepping into people's lives a la Quantum Leap, really. And that I thought it was a pretty cool book when I read it all those years ago. I guess we'll see if it lives up to my memories of it.

Swiftly Tilting Planet

No comments: