Friday, May 12, 2006

Got Lame?

Apparently the Got Milk? ad campaign is the single most awesome, creative advertising campaign in the history of advertising. Because if not, then why in the world would everyone else be just ripping it off for their own Got Something? campaigns. I mean c'mon. Got Milk? has been around for years, can't we come up with something else?

A little searching led me to this page, where the Got Milk? folks have rounded up 100 of their favorite Got Milk? ripoffs. I'm sure they love to see people keep on reusing their oh-so-creative slogan, since it makes the original look that much better by comparison.

Just last year the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) the academic society to which I belong unveiled their new Electronic Health Record promotion campaign, with a super creative title: Got EHR?

Its getting pretty ridiculous people. I expect better.

3 comments:

Regirlfriend said...

Inappropriate content ahead:
My favorite milk ad rip off was the one with Monica Lewinsky sporting a milk mustache. It read: "Not milk."

j said...

Ugh.

Hero Supreme said...

looks like gotblog is taken, though the content is a little underwhelming.