Friday, October 28, 2011

What Happened to October?

Seriously, though, where did October go? I can't believe today is the 28th. I can't believe my birthday was 40 days ago.  Time is going way too fast. Anyway, here's a bit of an update of what's been going on.

I went to DC for AMIA this week. Well, Saturday to Wednesday.  It was good to go and hear about what's going on and think about my own work and what kind of research I might could do.  I got to go downtown one night and check out the new MLK monument (photos to come), and also got dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill, so that was cool.

I have been reading a fair amount and probably need to update the blog on that. Quickly, I loved Michael Lewis's "The Big Short", and enjoyed Chuck Klosterman's "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs".  Read a few graphic novels as well... "V for Vendetta" and the first two issues of "The Walking Dead".  They were alright. Looking to read a few more Walking Deads if I can get them from the library.

Did some dating...it kind of didn't go anywhere and now I'm back to not dating. Or at least not dating anyone in particular.  Which I'm OK with for the moment. Got a couple ideas, we'll see if anything comes of those.

I haven't been running in at least 4 weeks maybe more. The knee situation continues to be frustrating. Got a 2nd appointment with a sports medicine doc coming up next Tuesday.  He confirmed that I've got some patellar tendonitis at the first appointment and gave me some stuff to try to see if it was just fluid/swelling rather than scar tissue, but it didn't really seem to have much impact. So...that's been kind of crappy. I can ride the bike at work, so I need to do that more. Thought I might today after work, but it's been such a long week. With traveling and the conference this last weekend, I've pretty much been working for the last 12 days. And then I had to come in earlier than usual this morning.  Anyway...might be just bagging it at the end of the day and heading home.
 


No comments: