Monday, December 15, 2008

Trip to Boston - Day 4

Despite thinking that I'd be able to sleep in on Tuesday, I ended up waking up quite early and not being able to get back to sleep. So I proceeded to get ready for the day, pack up most of my stuff and head downstairs for complementary breakfast. After that I watched some TV and did some reading and then took a short stroll over to the mall nearby to pick up a few souvenirs.

I then walked back to the hotel and got ready to go. My flight home wasn't leaving until 4, but I had to check out by noon, and I didn't really feel like leaving my luggage there, going out sight-seeing, and then coming back yet again, so I just decided to head over to the airport a little early and hang out there until my flight. I was able to get some reading done while I was there and I really didn't mind the time.

The flight home was fairly uneventful, although without free movies it did seem to take a bit longer than the trip out. I did watch some TV -- caught the Daily Show and Colbert, and before too long I was home. I had the weird experience of landing nearly an hour before our scheduled arrival time. Not sure what happened there. Luckily my ride was able to come quickly and I didn't really wait very long at all.

Phew, glad to get this trip blog completed. Now I need to get working on my Year in Review Christmas Card post. Hopefully coming by the end of the week.

No comments: