Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Directional activities

So tonight at Institute the announced there's some Bar-B-Hootenany activity coming up. Aside from the fact that I could barely look myself in the face if I were to go to some with that name, it got me thinking. Its supposed to be some kind of western-style activity, right? Well, why have we all heard of a western-style activity, but we really would be clueless if there was an eastern-style activity, or northern-style. Or dare I say southern-style? Whats up with that?

1 comment:

Em said...

Sadly enough, the Bar-B-Hootenany is an annual event. Someone should have told them long ago the name was dumb. Now they're stuck using it every year.

And for the record--I live in the South. Every event I go to is Southern-style, despite the fact that it's never described as such.