There are six rules.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post (i.e., Julie's for me).
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No saying, "If you are reading this, you're tagged."
11 random things about me.
1. Have never broken any bones or had any stitches.
2. Lived in the city furthest south in the world for a few months as a missionary.
3. Love to do the quizzes on sporcle.com
4. Feel naked without a watch.
5. Was tallest in my class all through elementary school, which mattered because I got to stand in the middle of the back row for class pictures.
6. Am a completer, i.e. often have desires to see every one of a type of movie, read every book by an author, etc. Rarely reach these goals.
7. But I do have a complete collection of DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince albums.
8. Once wrote a paper about "alphabetic discrimination".
9. Have always loved the library.
10. Was 20 years old when I peeled an orange for the first time.
11. Am thinkin' Arbys.
Julie's questions for me.
1. What book section is your favorite at Barnes & Noble?
Large format photography/coffee table books
2. Who would you want to play you in a screen adaptation of your life?
George Clooney. He is the gosh-darn paterfamilias!
3. What's your shower routine?
Wow, Julie. Don't you think this is a little personal? :) I get in, stand there in the water for somewhere between 2 and 15 minutes, depending on the day and how awake I am, wash my hair, wash everything else, get out.
4. Where is your favorite place?
5. Why did you choose where you're at right now in life?
A long process of making decision and seeing them through til the end and then finding out what's next.
6. Are you ticklish?
Yes, but I have diarrhea.
7. What's your favorite piece of art?
Hard to choose. I really like a lot of M.C. Escher stuff. But at the Salt Lake Arts Festival last summer I saw some stuff by a lady who had taken pictures of lots of old signs from around Salt Lake and then made collages with them. There was one I really liked, kind of like this one but with a map of Salt Lake underneath.
8. Which store would you spend the most money in?
Not really a big spender. Graywhale CD?
9. What makes you find joy in the journey?
Good conversations and good tunes along the way.
10. If you had to punch a family member in the face where would it be and why?
Like where would we be when I punch them in the face? Or where on their face? I've punched George in the face way more than any of the others (a 10 year age gap provides some protection from face-punching), so let's go with him. He's probably used to it by now. Why? For old times' sake.
11. What is your favorite joke?
"What did the zero say to the eight?" "Nice belt!"
My questions for the friends I tag.
1. What's your favorite Will Smith movie? Why?
2. Describe a birthday party from your childhood that stands out in your memory.
3. In your opinion, how many dates into a relationship is it safe to start using coupons?
4. If asked/forced/given opportunity to karaoke, what's your go-to song?
5. Do you ever wear clothes more than once before washing them? If so, how many times would you say you re-wear the same thing, and where do you put it in the interim? Just back where it was before you wore it?
6. What's your fitness goal? If you exercise reguarly, is there something you're working toward? a state of being you want to achieve?
7. What's your favorite website (Facebook and Pinterest excluded)?
8. Do you listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving? Why or why not?
9. What's your favorite cartoon?
10. Growing up we played a lot of four square at recess. Which of the following would you be most likely to disallow prior to serving: slammers, siders, babies, wallers, sliders, liners, or haystacks? Why?
11. What's the nicest hotel you've ever stayed in?
I hate tagging people, but I love reading blogs, so I'm going to tag some people who haven't blogged in quite a while and see if I can't get them going again. :) Then again they're probably less likely to respond. Oh well... I tag...Chelsey, Laci, Erin Z, Eric H, Alicia, and Tandy.