Monday, September 27, 2010

Old Book, New Book #23: The Lost Symbol -> The Hunger Games

the_lost_symbol

As expected, "The Lost Symbol" turned out to be a pretty quick read. In fact for most of last week I had a hard time putting it down. Definitely a page-turner. I enjoyed learning about some of the Masonic connections to the monuments in Washington, D.C. and the plot of the book was pretty intriguing for a while. In the end, I didn't love this one as much as "Angels and Demons" or "The Da Vinci Code", but it was still a fun read. The wrap-up following the conclusion was a bit long-winded (preachy?) but that felt like a minor complaint.

I'm following that one up with what, by all accounts, should be another quick read, "The Hunger Games". My sister, Natalie, gave it to me as a gift for my recent birthday and I got started on it over the weekend. I'm glad to know that the 2 sequels are out and available should I find myself hooked after this first one. Guess we'll see how it goes. I leave for a week in Hawaii on Saturday and may need a couple of books to keep me busy for vacation reading. Got at least one that should be showing up the library before I leave.

Hunger Games

No comments: