Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Something cool

I've been feeling guilty about not posting a Literature Review on Friday, and thinking that I need to do that before I do anything else here, but you know what? Maybe I'll just do that when I feel like it. Right now, I feel like telling you about an experience I had the other day.

For the very first time, I made a deposit at the bank without using the ATM. Why is that? Because the ATM was broken. In addition to making the deposit with an actual teller, and this is the really exciting part, I also got to use the pneumatic tube system at the bank drive-through window because the inside of the bank had just closed. And seriously, that was almost cool enough to make me want to do it again. As a kid growing up, I always thought it was awesome when my mom would have to stop at the bank and use those, and how the teller would put suckers in it and send them back to us. And as a grown-up? Its still really neat. I would have thought that that kind of system would have become outdated by now, replaced with something more hi-tech, more electronic. Glad to see its still around.

And by the way, the Blogger spellchecker, which doesn't have 'blog', 'Blogger', or 'spellchecker' as acceptable words (does it accept 'ironic' I wonder?), did have the correct spelling for pneumatic. Who'da thunk?

1 comment:

Hero Supreme said...

i have never been too trusting using an ATM for the large sums we pull down. if you want to reek havok on those pneumatic tubes, try depositing a roll of nickels using one of those things.