Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Old Book, New Book #27: Mockingjay -> Maus I & II

Mockingjay

I can't believe it's taken me so long to blog about the stuff I've been reading lately. Not sure what happened to me. Anyway, I did quickly finish off Mockingjay, and have to say that it was probably my least favorite of the 3 books, though still very readable. Since it's been a couple months now since I finished reading it, I don't really have much detail to add to that thought. I just didn't really find the outcome to be very satisfying. I guess if the message of the books was that war sucks and even when its over, things can be damaged pretty much irreparably then I got that message. :) I thought it was kind of a depressing book.

So, of course, what was my next choice of reading material? A pair of graphic novels about the holocaust. :) Maus, volumes I & II. Now, I do from time to time read graphic novels (I'd call them comic books, but they're usually a collection of comic books), and generally don't feel like they merit mention in this space, but given the subject matter of the Maus books, I felt like they deserved their own spot on the list.

Maus-I

Maus II

No comments: