Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I done gradyeeated!

Saturday morning, up at the University, I put on my fancy PhD robes and walked across the stage at Kingsbury Hall, got hooded, picked up my diploma and then had to sit there for another hour while other people did the same. It was a good day. Definitely brings some closure to the whole experience. Much more so than had I just gotten a diploma in the mail. Also, now I have some fancy robes in case I ever need those. Like for Halloween, or graduation-themed parties.

Special thanks to my family for coming to support me and for taking me to lunch after at Cheesecake.

PhD Graduation 004

PhD Graduation 021

More photos here.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations!!

Tandy said...

Yay Jakey!!!! :) Super stoked for ya! :) It's finally official and all that good junk.:)

ju said...

Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Kimberli said...

Yay!!! Congrats! I liked the flickr pictures too.