Saturday, June 28, 2008

10-Key vs. Telephone

tenkey

phone buttons

Who was the person who decided that a ten key and a telephone should have their numbers in a different order? Strangely enough they actually share two rows in common, 4-5-6 on the 2nd row from the top, and 0 at the bottom. I only notice this when I start doing some 10-key work after a long time of not doing, and I sometimes go up instead of down or vice-versa. There's probably a discussion of this on the internet already. Just seems kind of strange.

2 comments:

Hero Supreme said...

the obvious question, which do you prefer? ps, why do i have to type czqwwqnb just to post a comment? geez.

Kristina said...

Jake, I've always thought this was ridiculous, too. When I was in high school, I worked for ZCMI one summer answering phone calls from clerks looking for items in different sizes, colors, etc. at other ZCMI stores. It was amazing how many people called my phone number because they got the buttons on the phone confused with a 10-key (at least 3 or 4 people . . . that's a lot, right?). :)